Saturday 23 September 2023
Make Polluters Pay Action Day is an international call for action on loss and damage, and people from all across the world will be taking part – including here in the UK. Following the agreement for a Loss and Damage Fund at COP27, the MPP coalition – of which Faith for the Climate is a member – is now fighting to ensure that the promised Fund works for those communities impacted, and crucially, that the biggest polluters are paying up.
There are lots of ways to get involved, both on and offline:
- Join the social media storm – the MPP Social Media Toolkit will give you guidance for how you can lend your support on the day. Let’s take over the internet!
- Join a local action near you. And if you’ve organised or know of one that’s not on the map, please add it so others can join you.
- Sign the petition to Rishi Sunak – and spread the word far and wide.
- Write to your MP now to condemn the prime minister’s net zero u-turn and demand he makes polluters pay for the climate crisis
- If you would like some faith-specific resources, there’s a lovely, multi-faith, set of resources here. It includes suggestions from Hindu Climate Action, Christian Aid and Christian Aid Scotland, and the Eco Dharma Network.
- Finally, watch and share this inspiring video:
Let us know how you get on – tag us in your posts, and use the hashtags #MakePollutersPay and #MPPAD, so we can on-share your brilliant efforts!