Get ready for COP26: be part of climate action
The urgency of the climate crisis hasn’t changed. With the UK set to host critical UN climate talks in 2021, now is the time for faith communities to get skilled up and ready to take action against climate breakdown.
Join us and get ready to take action at our interfaith regional online workshops!
By participating you will:
- Learn about the unique role of faith communities in the climate justice movement
- Connect and build relationships with other faith communities in your region
- Get equipped to take climate action through specific skills sessions
- Hear about local and national climate initiatives you can be part of
Workshops will be online regionally specific sessions for Leeds, Leicester and Manchester areas so that you can build local interfaith connections. In addition, there will be three options for online skills workshops open to all regions.
You’ll attend three sessions over three weeks starting in the week beginning 19 October and ending in the week beginning 2 November 2020.
Week 1 (regional): this session will be your chance to hear from local leaders and connect with faith communities in your region to build relationships
- Leeds 19 October 2020 (18:00 – 19:30)
- Leicester 20 October 2020 (18:00 – 19:30)
- Manchester 21 October 2020 (18:00 – 19:30)
Week 2: choose from one (or more!) of our three campaign skills sessions
- Talking to people in power 26 October 2020 (18:00 – 20:00)
- Effective campaign actions 27 October 2020 (18:00 – 20:00)
- Bringing others with us 28 October 2020 (18:00 – 20:00)
Week 3 (regional): this session will allow you to reflect on what you’ve learnt and to hear about local and national campaigns, projects and initiatives you can be part of – or suggest one yourself!
- Leeds 2 November 2020 (18:00 – 19:30)
- Leicester 3 November 2020 (18:00 – 19:30)
- Manchester 4 November 2020 (18:00 – 19:30)