London Interfaith Workshops: Get Ready for COP26!
As the UK emerges out of lockdown this summer, many of us will be adjusting to lives that have been altered in many ways by the global pandemic. What hasn’t changed is the urgency of the climate crisis. With the UK set to host critical UN climate talks in 2021, now is the time for faith communities to get skilled up and ready to take action against climate breakdown.
Faith for the Climate are running a series of five interfaith workshops in London.
Two workshops will be specifically to gather together communities in and around the South London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark.
During London Climate Action Week (26 June-4 July), we will open three skills sessions for Londonwide participation.
Join us and get ready to take action at some or all of these workshops – choose the right ones for you!
By participating you will:
- Learn about the unique role of faith communities in the climate justice movement
- Connect and build relationships with other faith communities in your region
- Get equipped to take climate action through specific skills sessions
- Hear about local and national climate initiatives you can be part of
Workshops will be online and focus on building local interfaith connections in South London. In addition, there will be three Londonwide options for online skills workshops open to all.
You’ll attend three sessions over three weeks starting in the week beginning 21st June and ending in the week beginning 5th July 2021.
Week 1: This session will be your chance to hear from local faith leaders in South London and connect with faith communities in the area to build relationships
- Friday 25th June (17:30 – 19:00) – South London Pt 1 – Get ready for COP26: be part of climate action
Week 2: Choose from one (or more!) of our three campaign skills sessions – open for Londonwide participation
- Monday 28th June (17:30 – 19:30) – Skills Session 1: Talking to people in power
- Wednesday 30th June (17:30 – 19:30) – Skills Session 2: Effective campaign actions
- Thursday 1st July (17:30 – 19:30) – Skills Session 3: Bringing others along with us
Week 3: This session will allow the participants at the first South London workshop to reflect on what you’ve learnt and to hear about local and national campaigns, projects and initiatives you can be part of – or suggest one yourself!
- Tuesday 6th July (17:30 – 19:00) – South London Pt 2 – Actions we can take together
How do you sign up?
The registration links are provided above, but here they are again.
If you’re in South London, remember you can book for session 1 and session 3.
The skills sessions are open to everyone and you are welcome to attend one, two or all three skill sessions if you want to!